Pay parking in the streets of the city centre
Parking along certain streets and areas of the centre of Lappeenranta is subject to a fee. You must pay the parking fee in advance at the ticket machine located close to the parking area. The pay machines accept 20 and 50 cent and 1 and 2 euro coins. In Pormestarinkatu, the machine also accepts chip card payments. The car park ticket must be clearly displayed inside the vehicle.
Parking is subject to a fee from Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 18.00 and on Saturdays from 8.00 to 15.00. However, the Satamatori parking area is subject to a fee on a 24/7 basis from 1 May to 15 September.
Pay parking is divided into two fee zones as follows:
Area 1: EUR 2.20 / hour
Area 2: EUR 1.70 / hour
A car park ticket bought from a ticket machine is valid throughout the same fee zone.
Williparkki Oy car parks:
P-City: Kirkkokatu 9.
See the location on a map http://www.williparkki.fi/pysakointitalot/p-city
P-Pormestari: P-Pormestari is situated next to the Regional Library (Valtakatu 49 / Villimiehenkatu 8).
See the location on a map http://www.williparkki.fi/pysakointitalot/p-pormestari
P-Tori: P-Tori is situated next to the Market Place, at the underground of the Intersport sports store’s building (Snellmaninkatu 5).
See the location on a map http://www.williparkki.fi/pysakointitalot/p-tori
In car parks, you pay for the parking before leaving, on the basis of your actual parking time.
To park in a car park:
Drive in the car park.
1. Take a car park ticket from the machine next to the barrier. The barrier opens.
2. Drive in and park in the space of your choice.
3. Take the car park ticket with you when leaving (you will need it to return to the car park).
4. When leaving, insert the car park ticket in the pay station and pay the amount indicated on the display. You can pay with coins or with a payment card equipped with a chip. When you have paid, the machine will eject the ticket; take it with you.
5. After payment, you have 15 minutes to leave the car park. Insert the paid-for ticket in the machine at the barrier and the barrier will open.
6. Drive out.